Zalando Research sets the course for re-imagining fashion for the good of all. We’re Zalando’s incubator for bold scientific experimentation. Machine Learning and AI are our research fields. That comprises today’s most exciting research topics, such as Deep Learning, Computer Vision and NLP, Large Scale Bayesian Inference, Reinforcement Learning, Causality, Augmented and Virtual Reality. If you are an expert in one of these fields and have an impressive publication record then come join us and use your scientific background to drive Zalando-scale innovation! We stretch the limits of theory, we apply novel ideas in practice and we experiment.
Zalando Research is one of the most collaborative places you can imagine. Partnerships begin within our own teams, with all key engineering and product teams, and with the international scientific community beyond Zalando. We strongly encourage our team members to stay well-informed of novel academic work and seek patents and/or publish work when appropriate.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- PhD (or comparable) degree in machine learning, NLP, computer vision, data mining, or similar
- 3-5 years of proven experience in academic research or comparable research environment
- Strong publication record in top-tier research conferences and journals
- Speaker at scientific conferences or public scientific meetups
- Deep understanding of theory behind state of the art machine learning methods, as well as knowing best practices in their application
- Proven experience in leading machine learning research projects in postdoc position
- Software engineering skills for prototypic development and implementation of experimental setups
- Experience with relevant scientific software packages (Python, R, Matlab/Octave,…)
- Effective communication skills and ability to understand business requirements
- Team spirit as well as the ability to execute independently
- English language fluency
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Experience in modern software development techniques, programming languages (Java)Big Data and HPC frameworks, version control and deployment tools, data bases/SQL
- Experience as organiser or chair of scientific meetups, workshops, and conference sessions
- Experience as reviewer of scientific publications
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Community. Tech culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +100 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
Perks. Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at data science conferences and Meetups, and encouragement to publish work.
Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Scale. Unparalleled levels of data and opportunities.
Want to join us? Then go ahead and apply!