(Senior) Research Scientist - Builder Platform and AI
For a strategic long term research project we are hiring Machine Learning Research Scientists to drive forward fundamental industrial research in the area of Large Scale Probabilistic Simulation of Business Processes. In the project we want to leverage our vast amount of transactional data plus state of the art ML approaches to create tomorrow’s technologies for AI enabled development and testing of steering applications.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Your work will be use case inspired basic research, enabled by your expertise, by Zalando’s vast data pool, interactions with millions of customers, and by our excellent high performance computing infrastructure
- You work in a team with outstanding Research Scientists and collaborate with teams from all over Zalando, making the ground for deploying your research into production
- Your developments will power Zalando‘s next generation machine learning products: AI enabled development and testing of business steering applications.
- Your research results will enhance your publication track record in the most exciting international academic community
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ph.D. in Machine Learning or a related field
- 3 years proven academic or industrial track record in Deep Learning, Probabilistic Time Series Modelling, Large Scale Bayesian Inference and/or Causality
- In-depth understanding of machine learning theory in one of these areas, plus a broad overview of the other areas, ML methods in general, and profound knowledge of current ML literature
- Strong publication skills and good track record with publications in top-tier research conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.) and journals
- Solid software engineering skills, expert in Python (and relevant packages like numpy, scipy, pandas), and a deep learning framework such as Pytorch or Tensorflow
- Extra plus: hands-on experience with probabilistic programming frameworks
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms (available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Research is one of the most collaborative places you can imagine. Partnerships begin within our own teams, with all key engineering and product teams, and with the international scientific community beyond Zalando. We stretch the limits of theory and apply novel ideas in practice and we experiment. We strongly encourage our team members to stay on top of the academic progress, seek patents, and publish research results whenever possible. If you are interested in doing academic research in a fascinating corporate environment then come join us!